Cook Wanted for Indian Restaurant
For an Indian “fine dining” restaurant in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, we are searching for a Cook who has a high level experience in preparing Indian dishes. He/she will be responsible for assisting the Head Chef in kitchen operation. Apart from the kitchen he/she will also assist the Head Chef in areas like: planning and supervision, preparation of menu items, menu planning and development, inventory management, quality and cost control, learning and development initiatives.
In the absence of head chef cook, he/she will be required to lead the kitchen operations.
The desired qualities and experience of the candidate are:
- Minimum experience of 6 years of which 4 years is in large star hotels or restaurants which includes on the job training in Indian cuisine.
- Should be hands on working on tandoor and curry sections as well regional Indian sections.
- Exposure to large Indian kitchens/banquet kitchens.
- Preferable should have been working as a cook in a hotel/specialty Indian restaurant.
- Must have very good knowledge of regional Indian cuisine, Indian curries, tandoor.
- Some experience of Indian confectionery and desserts.
- A good understanding of European cooking and taste preferences.
- Good Catering College degree.
- Exposure to HACCP and ISO standards.
- Good knowledge of English and preferable Dutch language.
- Pre-opening experience is additional advantage.
Send your application with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae in English: